Senior Technical Writer
Polyverse is seeking a highly qualified Senior Technical Writer for a contract position lasting three to six months, with the potential of converting to full-time. You would be part of our Engineering/Security team, reporting to the CTO. Polyverse is a fun, highly technical company offering binary-scrambling software that prevents memory-based zero-day attacks, solves patching panic, and creates resilient systems.
The successful individual would be task- and project-orientated, have great attention to detail, love fast-paced environments, and enjoy working with subject-matter experts, technical architects and engineers. The project will primarily be synthesizing engineering, security and product documentation into white papers, blogs, talking points and other collateral. We need someone who is comfortable meeting with stakeholders at every level; taking a leading role in developing new documentation; and also teasing existing documentation into clearer concepts and examples. You must be local to Seattle, WA.
Polyverse is a privately held company founded by a group of technologists who saw an unprecedented opportunity to stem the tide of cybercrime. Bringing together top engineering and management talent from such firms as Microsoft, Amazon, AOL and the academic world, Polyverse has built a groundbreaking product that makes large-scale data breaches all but impossible.
Polyverse dynamically and continuously creates unique versions of 10,000 open source projects. Every one of your systems is unique to you and your server on every install.
- Create technical white papers, descriptive diagrams, data flows, logical diagrams, flow charts and conceptual documentation. partneroptimal;
- Synthesize and refresh existing materials, ensuring that they are up to date;
- Create documentation plans, develop API guides, and write sample code;
- Gather usability feedback from engineers, subject-matter experts and architects;
- Translate complex technical ideas into consumable technical documents;
- Write clear, fluent and grammatical English, work independently, and deliver projects on time;
- Ensure thatake content is easy to search for and consume.
- Five to seven years' experience as a technical writer in the software industry or another highly technical sector;
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, follow-up and multi-tasking;
- The ability to write clear, fluent and grammatical English;
- Experience in working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Flexibility to cope with shifting priorities, demands and timelines;
- Ability to work with and coax information from a wide variety of collaborators, including upper management, technical engineers, architects, SMEs, contractors and others.
- BA/BS Degree, ideally in technical or other professional writing, journalism, communications or a related field;
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for creating compelling written collateral, especially white papers and blogs;
- Experience with cloud computing, big data and security—including compliance—would be a big plus.
Polyverse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Polyverse complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
If you think you fit the bill, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.