Software Engineer Intern Position
Who We Are
Polyverse Corporation is a cybersecurity company using its Moving Target Defense (MTD) technology to defend global enterprises and governments against the most devastating zero-day cyberattacks. The Polymorphic Linux® is the only MTD product proven in a recent U.S. Department of Defense study to stop 100 percent of zero-day memory exploits from buffer overflow bugs and the like. Polyverse’s turnkey solution installs in minutes and works with existing systems without changing performance or IT processes. Founded in 2015, Polyverse is led by founder and CEO Alex Gounares. Visit https://polyverse.io, read our blog and follow us on Twitter @Polyverse_io.
Who We're Looking For
Are you looking for a fast-paced workplace that constantly pushes you well outside your current skill set? At Polyverse, you might be asked to work on something completely different every week: modify a compiler/linker, develop a tool that measures entropy, optimization of a Linux build environment, new cloud scale-out scheduler capabilities. Our engineers are responsible for designing, coding, testing, deploying and production support; we don't have dedicated operations or test engineers. So if this sounds exciting, you're fearless and a fast learner, you'll love working at Polyverse!
What You'll Be Working On
- Polymorphic Linux Analysis:
- Polymorphic Linux is Polyverse's flagship product. We believe that good security is that which is well understood, well dissected and open to scrutiny by anyone and everyone. However, being the first product to apply Polymorphism to good software, many tools that should help us study the strength of defense, possible attack vectors, visualization of polymorphism, etc. do not exist. This position is intended to develop, in the public domain, tools and visualizations that help us understand how we can strengthen Polymorphic Linux further, and help our customers understand how good (or bad) their security posture is.
- You must be comfortable, at the least, dissecting binary files, basic understanding of assembly language, computer architecture, and compilers.
- If you are interested in this position, please take a look at our two tools: EnVisen and ReadHook.
- Please write in your cover letter, two improvements you would like to make in either (or both) of the tools.
- Polymorphic Linux works when we have access to source code. Legacy programs do not afford us this luxury, and we are always interested in solving those obscure problems, providing peace of mind for those who run legacy programs. This position will push you into the depths of instruction sets, caches, execution pipelines and more. Exciting and challenge projects await for the ambitious.
- If you are interested in this position, please write in your cover letter, how you would decompose an Intel x86 executable into basic blocks, and why. What challenges do you foresee you might have to overcome?
- Polyscripting is a new methodology we are developing that aims to defeat code injection attacks in the language. Our next mission is to make SQL injection a thing of the past. We have some ideas on how we'll do it.
- If you think you are up for the challenge of solving what is arguably the holy grail of code injection attacks once and for all, please write in your cover letter, what you think the fundamental challenges are in Polyscripting SQL.
Thank you for considering Polyverse! If you think you fit the bill, please email us your résumé and cover letter (optional) at firstname.lastname@example.org.*
*Polyverse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Polyverse complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Are you looking for something different?
Check out more job opportunities here!